Writing and expressing the "Written Word" are so important to our work with writers, teachers, students and readers, and there is so much to talk about what we have done and will do in the near future. With your donations, The Givens Foundation:
- Will expanded our Emerging Writers’ Mentor Program with increased mentorship and time devoted to developing the next generation of writers. To date, we’ve supported nearly 100 writers.
- Will relaunch our NOMMO African American Author Series.
- Launched the new givens.org website.
- Launched Season 3 of our weekly podcast, Black Market Reads, a talk show about Black literature, creativity, and cultural production, hosted by local Black literary writers and artists.
- Continued our ground breaking literary arts residencies which reached over 750 students in 2016-17, bringing Black artists and writers into Twin Cities classrooms to use literature by Black writers, and introducing school partners to culturally responsive arts-based approaches to classroom instruction.
None of this would be possible without you, our community of support. To keep the conversation going, we need your help. Please donate. If you value the work we’ve done in the past and started this year, and if you want to see what more we can do, I urge you to become part of the conversation. Make a contribution today. Together we can continue to build a world where the Black experience, communities of color, and society in general are central to the sharing of story in all its forms.
Choose how you'd like to make your donation:
Prefer to donate with a check?
Our mailing address is:
The Givens Foundation for African American Literature
5775 Wayzata Blvd., Suite 700
Minneapolis, MN 55416-1233
For any questions involving your gift, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations to The Givens Foundation are tax-deductible in the U.S.
Thanks again for your support!